JAMES CITY COUNTY — A York County man dies following a car crash in James City County.
On Friday, April 16 at approximately 9:15 p.m., James City County Police and Fire Departments responded to the 9200 block of Richmond Road.
Their investigation found that a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee was traveling east on Richmond Road when it ran off the road and struck a tree.
The Jeep’s driver, James Horton, 63, of York County, suffered injuries to his head and transported to Sentara Williamsburg, where he later died.
There were no other occupants in the vehicle. James City County Police spokesperson, Stephanie Williams, reports that there were no adverse road conditions at the time of the crash.
James City County Police are currently investigating the cause of the crash.
This is a developing story and WYDaily will continue to keep you posted as more information becomes available.
YOU MIGHT ALSO WANT TO CHECK OUT THESE STORIES:
- Scholarship fund named for teacher helps future educators
- Virginia puts Johnson & Johnson vaccine on hold per CDC and FDA advice
- 107-year-old Williamsburg woman gets a new roof
- Coventry shooting leaves one person injured
- Five things you need to know: Honeybees