VIRGINIA BEACH — The Pungo Strawberry Festival is projected to bring about 120,000 people — and plenty of traffic — to the city’s countryside this weekend.
The price to park at any of the three lots in the area will cost $10, cash only, according to a city news release.
The northbound lane on Princess Anne Road between Indian River Road and the Backbay Farm entrance will be closed on the following dates, according to the release.
- Saturday, May 27 from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Sunday, May 28 from 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.
Both northbound and southbound lanes on Princess Anne Road between Indian River Road and Muddy Creek Road will be closed from during the following days.
- Friday, May 26 from 5-8 p.m. (except for vendors) and 8-11 p.m. to all traffic.
- Saturday from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Sunday from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Heavy traffic is also expected to occur on the following routes:
- Indian River Road between West Neck Road and New Bridge Road
- Princess Anne Road between Sandbridge Road and Indian River Road
- Princess Anne Road between West Neck Road to Muddy Creek Road
- New Bridge Road between Indian River Road and Sandbridge Road
The city recommends people who will travel to Sandbridge Beach to avoid driving from Indian River Road to Princess Anne Road to New Bridge Road.
Instead, drivers are encouraged to take West Neck Road to North Landing Road and take a left on Princess Anne Road to Sandbridge Road.
For a full map of the road closure and traffic patterns, click here.
Follow Justin on Twitter @Justinbmmj or send a story idea to Justin@wydaily.com