WILLIAMSBURG — Williamsburg and Yorktown-area residents are invited to kick off their holiday shopping during Small Business Saturday.
Small Business Saturday was created in 2010 by American Express, and the goal is to remind people to shop and support local, especially during the holiday shopping season. It is observed in all 50 states, and the Senate passed a resolution recognizing it in 2011.
According to the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, customers are estimated to spend $184 billion on Small Business Saturday.
On Nov. 25, local businesses will open their doors to kick off the holiday shopping season. Here are some resources to help find those participating in Small Business Saturday:
- American Express Small Business Finder
- American Express Shop Small Campaign Page
- The Buck Stays Here sponsored by Chesapeake Bank
- Greater Williamsburg Chamber of Commerce
- Williamsburg Area Restaurant Association
- York County Chamber of Commerce
- Gloucester County Chamber of Commerce
- Virginia Peninsula Chamber of Commerce
- Hampton Roads Chamber
- Retail Alliance