HISTORIC TRIANGLE — As the warmer temperatures take hold of Hampton Roads, spring race season is just starting to hit its stride.
Entry fees for the different races vary, with many putting at least a percentage of the profit towards a specific charity or organization. Listed below are some of the races that will take place in the Greater Williamsburg area from this Saturday (March 12, 2022) through the end of April.
Saturday, March 12:
- Virginia Fire Chiefs Foundation 5K starts behind Bruton Parish, 201 W. Duke of Gloucester St.
- Proceeds from this event go towards the Virginia Fire Chiefs Foundation, a non-profit that provide educational opportunities, including scholarships, to fire and emergency services professionals as well as develop public relations programs to promote and raise public awareness of Virginia’s fire and emergency services.
- Registration ends March 12.
Saturday, March 26:
- PCS Patriot Perseverance 5K at Jamestown High School, 3751 John Tyler Hwy.
- 28th Annual Queens Lake 5K at New Quarter Park, 1000 Lakeshead Dr.
- Annual Chesapeake Bank/Chesapeake Wealth Management Gloucester County Educational Foundation Run/Walk at Gloucester High School, 6680 Short Ln. in Gloucester.
- This event features in person 5k and 8k races as well as a virtual 5K that can be run anywhere between March 5 and March 26.
- Registration ends on March 23.
Saturday April 2:
- 7th Annual Victory at Yorktown Races at the Yorktown Historic Freight Shed, 331 Water St.
Saturday April 16:
- Run the D.O.G. 5K on Duke of Gloucester Street in downtown Williamsburg.
- The proceeds from this race will go to Habitat For Humanity Peninsula and Greater Williamsburg.
- There is no day of registration. All participants must sign up by April 15.
- Course Map
This article will be updated as WYDaily becomes aware of more races and events in the coming weeks.
If you are aware of a race being held within the Historic Triangle, let us know in an email to email@example.com.