HAMPTON ROADS — VDOT’s list of full closures of interstates, ramps, bridges and primary roads, and single-lane closures at the bridge-tunnels for the week of Nov. 19-25.
Scheduled closures are subject to change based on weather conditions and other factors.
Bridges and Tunnels
Monitor-Merrimac Memorial Bridge-Tunnel, I-664:
- Alternating, single-lane closures northbound Nov. 19-21 from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Alternating, mobile, single-lane closures southbound Nov. 21 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Berkley Bridge, I-264:
- Alternating, mobile, single-lane closures from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.:
- Both directions Nov. 19
- Eastbound Nov. 19-21
- Single-lane closures westbound Nov. 20-21 from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
George P. Coleman Bridge, Route 17:
- Single-lane closure northbound Nov. 19 from 7 a.m.-7 p.m. View the full traffic alert here.
HRBT Expansion Project:
- For lane closures and project updates related to the HRBT Expansion Project, visit HRBTExpansion.org.
Elizabeth River Tunnels (Downtown/Midtown Tunnels):
- Go to Elizabeth River Tunnels for maintenance schedules on the Downtown Tunnel (I-264), Midtown Tunnel (U.S. 58) and MLK Expressway (Route 164).
Southside Widening, High Rise Bridge Expansion:
- For additional information about lane closures and other project impacts, visit http://64highrise.org/news_
Hampton Roads Express Lanes:
- For additional information about Hampton Roads Express Lanes closures and traffic impacts, visit https://64expresslanes.org/
- Long-term, continuous single-lane closure on I-64 in both directions, reducing travel lanes from three to two lanes between Settlers Landing Road/Woodland Road (exit 267) and LaSalle Avenue (exit 265), with I-64 west traffic shifted to the I-64 east lanes. View the full traffic alert here.
Norfolk, Reversible Roadway
- Full closure in both directions Nov. 20-21:
- 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- 8 p.m. to 3 a.m.
The Virginia Department of Transportation will be suspending many highway work zones and lifting most lane closures on interstates and other major roads in Virginia from noon on Wednesday, Nov. 22 until noon on Monday, Nov. 27.
While lane closures will be lifted in most locations, motorists may encounter semi-permanent work zones that remain in place during this time. Check VDOT’s Weekly Lane Closures and Travel Advisories for the latest travel alerts in your area and around the state.
In Hampton Roads:
- I-64/I-264/I-564 HOV Diamond Lanes and 64 Express Lanes — HOV restrictions and Express Lanes tolls will be lifted on Thursday, Nov. 23.
- Traveling through Hampton Roads — For Thanksgiving travel requiring water crossings between the Hampton Roads Peninsula and Southside during construction of the Hampton Roads Bridge-Tunnel Expansion Project, motorists are encouraged to use alternate routes such as the I-664 Monitor-Merrimac Memorial Bridge-Tunnel (MMMBT), the Route 17 James River Bridge, the free Jamestown-Scotland Ferry or I-95 to minimize potential delays.