WILLIAMSBURG – The Williamsburg Economic Development Authority annually
honors a City business for its hard work and dedication to making the City a better place
to live, work, and visit.
Nominations for the 2023 Williamsburg Business Appreciation Award are now open. The nomination form can be found and submitted online.
Any person or business may nominate a City business for the Williamsburg Business
Appreciation Award. Self-nominations are accepted.
Criteria for the award include:
• A physical presence in the City of Williamsburg
• Demonstrated Staying Power (Open for business in the City for at least 5 years)
• Employ fewer than 100 persons in the City of Williamsburg
• Innovativeness of Product or Service Offered (Illustrations of the creativity and
imagination of the nominee)
• Responded Positively to Adversity (Examples of problems faced in the business
and the strategies used to solve them)
• Contributions to Community-Oriented Projects
• Exemplary Customer Service (Evidence of customer satisfaction)
• Environmental Sensitivity (Attractive grounds and evidence of having
implemented environmentally friendly policies)
The deadline to submit nominations is Friday, April 28, 2023.
The award will be presented at the June 8, 2023, Williamsburg City Council meeting.
More information, including a list of past winners, can be found at Yes Williamsburg.