GRAFTON — The Pelican’s Snoballs‘ Grafton location announced that it is opening up for its 2022 season today (March 5) from 12-9 p.m.
Located at 5519 George Washington Memorial Hwy., the franchise offers shaved ice desserts with a variety of flavors to choose from.
“We’re always looking to make everyone drool with our 100+ amazing flavors, toppings, and ice cream that can be stuffed in the middle,” said Lisa Anderson of Pelican’s Snoballs in an email to WYDaily. “We’re a sweet treat to beat the heat! We cater birthday, anniversary parties, family reunions, and cookouts.”
The original Pelican’s Snoballs opened in Garner, N.C., in 2001; founded by 13-year-old Ansley Johnson. Since then, the franchise has expanded to approximately 200 stores across the country.
The Grafton location is one of six locations in the Commonwealth, with all found in Hampton Roads:
- 1120 Bainbridge Blvd., Chesapeake
- 1124 George Washington Hwy. N., Chesapeake
- 11075 Warwick Blvd., Newport News
- 6011 E. Virginia Beach Blvd., Norfolk
- 2332 Pruden Blvd., Suffolk
- 5519 George Washington Memorial Hwy. (Rte. 17), Yorktown
Visitors can follow Pelican’s Snoballs of Yorktown Facebook page for more updates.