HISTORIC TRIANGLE — When it comes to the definition of “professional musician,“
, look no further than Troy Breslow. For more than ten years, Troy has been consistently turning out original music and playing live shows around Hampton Roads. He is showing no signs of stopping anytime soon.
In March, Troy released his first five song EP in five years, entitled “Pandemic Blues.”
Here are some facts about Troy:
Q: Where was your first paid gig and how did it go?
A: The first show I really remember doing was at this place called the Living Room, which is now the Flipping Flea in Norge. I used to play there for tips back in high school. It went pretty well. I was pretty tight with most of the English department at my high school [Tabb High School in Yorktown] and they all came out and supported me.
Q: What is your ride or die guitar and why do you like it?
A: My Alvarez AF75, Paul. I named him after the Paul in Willie Nelson’s [song], “Me and Paul.” I got that guitar for $20 from by best friend back in 2014. It has just been with me ever since. I have put a couple million miles on that guitar, for sure.
Q: What was the first album that blew your mind?
A: Bob Dylan’s “The Freewheelin’ Bob Dylan” was a big deal for me. I loved the simplicity of it. It was so clean and concise and it was everything he wanted to say.
Q: Can you describe your album to someone who might not be familiar with your work?
A: It’s kind of weird because I have not put out a record in five years. This kind of like my debut solo album all over again. It’s a country and folk album.
Q: When and where can people see you play next?
Ready to head out for the weekend? Check out who is playing where around the Historic Triangle!
- Berret’s Seafood Restaurant and Taphouse Grill, 199 S Boundary Street
- Brass Cannon Brewing, 5476 Mooretown Road
- Saturday, April 9, 6 p.m. Beth Turner
- Charly’s Airport Restaurant, 100 Marclay Dr.
- Friday, April 8, 6 p.m. Joshua Shane
- Cogan’s Deli & Sports Pub, 4324 New Town Ave.
- Friday, April 8, 7 p.m. Joe’s Day Off
- Copper Fox Distillery, 901 Capital Landing Rd.
- Thursday, April 7, 6 p.m. Nathan Lienard
- Green Leafe Cafe & Pub, 765 Scotland St.
- Thursday, April 7, 9 p.m. Jon Smith
- Jolene’s Bar and Grill, 3032 Richmond Rd.
- Oceans & Ale, 5601 Richmond Rd.
- Saturday April 9, 8:30 p.m. Jan and Zane
- Paul’s Deli & Neighborhood Restaurant, 4345 New Town Ave.
- Saturday, April 9, 10 p.m. The Family Jules
- Revolution Golf and Grille, 1430 High St.
- Friday, April 8, 7 p.m. Coastline ’95
- Trojan Grill, 11833 Aspengraf Ln, New Kent
- Friday, April 8, 7 p.m. Brand Franklin
- Two Drummers Smokehouse, 8864 Richmond Rd.
- Thursday, April 7, 7:00 p.m. Smith, Wade & White
- Virginia Beer Company, 401 Second St.
- Williamsburg Winery, 5800 Wessex Hundred
- Sunday, April 10, 2 p.m. Jocelyn Oldham