HISTORIC TRIANGLE — It is that time of year when families come together and celebrate around the dinner table. If cooking is not part of your typical Thanksgiving playbook, why not check out one of the locally-owned restaurants who will help get you set up for your meal this year? Below is a round-up of some of the restaurants around the Historic Triangle offering Thanksgiving options:
- Water Street Grille (323 Water St., Yorktown): Water Street Grille will be offering a Thanksgiving buffet for the holiday, complete with a carving station, plenty of sides, seafood, salad and dessert options. The cost for adults is $48 and children $20. Reservations can be made by calling (757) 875-1525. To learn more, please visit Water Street Grille’s website.
- The Whaling Company (494 McLaws Circle, Williamsburg): Locally-owned restaurant The Whaling Company is accepting reservations for Thanksgiving for four seating times: noon, 2 p.m., 4 p.m. and 6 p.m. The restaurant is also offering carry-out dinners on Thanksgiving by reservation. To make reservations, call (757) 229-0275.
- Two Drummers Smokehouse (8864 Richmond Rd., Toano): The popular restaurant is offering cold and hot meals-to-go. Customers can choose from a variety of items including a variety of meats, sides, and pies. Customers can pick up preordered cold meals on Weds., Nov. 24 2-5 p.m. or hot meals on Thanksgiving from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. For more information, please visit Two Drummers’ website, and to place an advance order, stop in or call (757) 250-3839 to place your order in advance.
- Old City Barbeque (700 York St, Williamsburg): Old City Barbeque is offering Thanksgiving pre-orders now. The menu includes smoked turkey (house brined and rubbed), bourbon honey smoked spiraled ham, Brunswick Stew, Brisket Chili, bread pudding or banana pudding, sourdough stuffing, southern corn pudding and mashed potatoes. Meals can serve up to 24 people. For more information, or to pre-order and pick up the day before Thanksgiving, call (757) 378-5125.
- Culture Cafe (747 Scotland St, Williamsburg): Turkey, stuffing, sides and pie will be ready to pick up on Thanksgiving Day from Culture Cafe. The cost is $120 for four people. Customers can add a whole pie – apple or pumpkin – for $15. Pick-up only from noon to 4 p.m. on Thursday, Nov. 25. Customers are encouraged to book early by calling (757) 378-2556.
- FoodaTude… Food With Attitude: FoodaTude will offer Thanksgiving meals in a limited amount. The menu includes, 16-18 pound whole turkeys for $99, 14-16 pound turkey breasts, bone-in, for $105, quart of house-made gravy for $25, candied sweet potatoes for $28, quart of bourbon braised collards for $30, tray of traditional stuffing for $35 and ham for $85. Turkeys are slow-smoked over cherry, apple and hickory woods for several hours. Follow FoodaTude’s Facebook page for pick-up times and dates.
- Amber Ox Public House (525 Prince George St Suite 102): Amber Ox is offering Take & Bake offerings for Thanksgiving. The “Oven-to-Table” Holiday Meal Package features the customer’s choice of main course, including Oak Smoked Heritage Turkey & Homestyle “Redeye” Gravy, and Black Garlic & Honey Glazed “Hammed” Pork Shortribs. Each package is served sides, including country style cornbread stuffing, sweet potato gratin, hickory pecans, sage marshmallows, biscuits, and spice cranberry preserves. The package serves six people for $115. For more information, call (757) 790-2299.
- Moody’s Kitchen (7129 Merrimac Trail): This year, Moody’s Kitchen presents Thanksgiving Fare. On the menu for the restaurant’s holiday package is Joyce Farm Brined Turkeys and Padows Petite Hams. The package is $160, and includes ham or 1/2 turkey, one salad, one soup, one side dish, one stuffing and one dessert. The holiday package is designed for two people, and is $25 for each additional guest. Customers can call (757) 229-1195 to order their Thanksgiving feast.