WILLIAMSBURG — The mission of the Williamsburg Community Foundation is to enhance the quality of life in greater Williamsburg by connecting people with causes that matter, managing charitable funds, and providing grants and scholarships for our community’s most pressing needs and promising opportunities.
The foundation typically awards competitive grants twice a year to nonprofit organizations serving residents of James City County, City of Williamsburg, and York County. The deadline for the next opportunity to apply for funding is June 15. These grants will be awarded in September.
Nonprofits may apply for funding from the Community Endowment, Benjamin R. Altshuler Memorial Fund for Transportation and the Fund for Women and Girls. Applicants may apply for a Community Endowment grant and/or one of the other funds. Generally, an organization will receive only one grant in a year.
Community Endowment Fund
- Five priority areas: Arts & Culture, Children & Young Adults, Environment & Conservation, Health & Community Wellness, Senior Services
- Grants of up to $5,000
Benjamin R. Altshuler Memorial Fund Transportation Grants
- Supports programs that provide transportation including public transportation
- Preference for programs assisting low-income residents and those without ready access to a car
- Grants up to $5,000
Fund for Women and Girls
- Supports programs for women and girls
- Preference given to programs that assist low-income women and girls
- Grants up to $1,000
All application materials and guidelines can be found at WilliamsburgCommunityFoundation.org; click “Receive” then “Apply for a Grant.” If the organization has never received a grant from WCF, it should contact the foundation office for guidance before beginning a new application. Contact Ginny Gasink, Program Officer, at 757-259-1660 or email email@example.com.