HAMPTON ROADS — VDOT’s list of full closures of interstates, ramps, bridges and primary roads, and single-lane closures at the bridge-tunnels and the Coleman, High Rise and James River bridges for the week of Nov. 5-11.
Scheduled closures are subject to change based on weather conditions and other factors.
Bridges and Tunnels
Hampton Roads Bridge-Tunnel, I-64:
- Mobile, single-lane closure westbound Nov. 6 from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
Monitor-Merrimac Memorial Bridge-Tunnel, I-664:
- Alternating, mobile, single-lane closures in both directions Nov. 5 from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Alternating, single-lane closures northbound Nov. 7-9 from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
High Rise Bridge, I-64:
- Brief, intermittent stoppages eastbound:
- Nov. 4 from 11 p.m. to 2 a.m.
- Nov. 9-10 from 11 p.m. to 4 a.m.
Berkley Bridge, I-264:
- Double-lane closure westbound Nov. 3-8 from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
James River Bridge, Route 17:
- Mobile, single-lane closures from 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.:
- Northbound Nov. 6 and Nov. 9
- Southbound Nov. 7-8
- Brief, intermittent stoppages southbound:
- Nov. 6-10 from 9 a.m. to as late as 3 p.m.
- Nov. 6-9 from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
George P. Coleman Bridge, Route 17:
- Alternating, single-lane closures from 9 am. to 3 p.m.:
- Northbound Nov. 9
- Southbound Nov. 10
HRBT Expansion Project:
- For lane closures and project updates related to the HRBT Expansion Project, visit HRBTExpansion.org.
Elizabeth River Tunnels (Downtown/Midtown Tunnels):
- Go to Elizabeth River Tunnels for maintenance schedules on the Downtown Tunnel (I-264), Midtown Tunnel (U.S. 58) and MLK Expressway (Route 164).
I-64, Southside Widening, High Rise Bridge Expansion:
- For additional information about lane closures and other project impacts, visit http://64highrise.org/news_
I-64, Hampton Roads Express Lanes:
- For additional information about Hampton Roads Express Lanes closures and traffic impacts, visit https://64expresslanes.org/
- Long-term, continuous single-lane closure on I-64 in both directions, reducing travel lanes from three to two lanes between Settlers Landing Road/Woodland Road (exit 267) and LaSalle Avenue (exit 265), with I-64 west traffic shifted to the I-64 east lanes. View the full traffic alert here.
Norfolk, Reversible Roadway
- Full closure in both directions:
- Nov. 4 from 5-9 a.m.
- Nov. 6 from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Nov. 6-8 from 8 p.m. to 3 a.m.
I-64, Newport News
- Full closure of the on-ramp from Oyster Point Road (Route 171) to I-64 east Nov. 6 from 11 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Full closure of the on-ramp from J. Clyde Morris Boulevard (Route 17) to I-64 east Nov. 7-8 from 11 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Full closure of the on-ramps from J. Clyde Morris Boulevard (Route 17) and Oyster Point Boulevard (Route 171) to I-64 east on Nov. 9 from 11 p.m. to 5 a.m., with ramps not closed concurrently.
- Full closure of the off-ramp from I-564 east to Granby Street Nov. 6-9 from 7 p.m. to 5:30 a.m.