YORKTOWN — The Victory Family YMCA is hosting its Eighth Annual Victory at Yorktown Races — the 1-Mile Fun Run, 5K, and 10K — on Sat, April 1.
Races begin at the Yorktown Waterfront and proceed past landmarks such as the Yorktown Victory Monument, Cornwallis’ Cave, and Surrender Field, with all proceeds helping strengthen the community and keep families healthy, according to the county.
Several road closures will be in effect on the day of the event.
The following streets will be closed to vehicular traffic from 6-11 a.m.:
- Water Street between Buckner Street and Ballard Street
- Water Street between Buckner Street and Comte De Grasse Street
The following streets will be closed to vehicular traffic from 7:45-9:30 a.m. for 5K race participants:
- Read Street, from Water to Main Street
- Main Street, from Comte De Grasse to Ballard Street
- Church Street, from the Church and Read Street parking lot to Main Street
The following streets will be closed to vehicular traffic from 8-10 a.m. for race participants:
- Comte De Grasse Street, from Main Street to Water Street
- Zweybrucken Road, from Ballard to Comte De Grasse Street
- NPS Tour Road, from Ballard Street to Surrender Road
- Surrender Road to Cook Road
Expect traffic delays on the following streets from 8-10 a.m. due to the race route:
- Ballard Street from Cook Road
- Ballard Street to the NPS Tour Road
- Cook Road from Surrender Road to Ballard Street
All public parking areas in Historic Yorktown will remain open to vehicles with the exception of the National Park Service lot located at Church and Read Streets, which will be closed until 9 a.m., as well as the Beach Picnic Area, which will be closed until 10:30 a.m. The area will be accessible to pedestrians.
For more information, call York County Economic and Tourism Development at 757-890-5900 or the Victory Family YMCA at 757-342-5338.