WILLIAMSBURG — The Colonial Williamsburg Foundation (CWF) has announced a list of its new tenants and list renewals in its historic shopping district, Merchants Square. CWF worked with Cushman & Wakefield | Thalhimer to facilitate these leases.
The new tenants include:
- J. McLaughlin: Then men’s and women’s fashion retailer plans to open in fall 2021.
- FatFace: A U.K.-based fashion retailer with casual styles for men, women, and children, it also plans to open this fall.
- Penny and a Sixpence: A silver jewelry and novelty shop plans to open fall 2021.
- Saladworks: *featured in WYDaily!* A fast casual salad concept restaurant will move into 401 W. Duke of Gloucester Street this fall.
- William and Henry: A menswear retailer that features johnnie-O sportswear will be located at 400 N. Boundary Street. No projected date of opening disclosed.
- J. Fenton: The gift store will move from Henry Street to 415 Duke of Gloucester Street, with an expectant opening date of late summer.
- CowanGates: The firm will lease a spot at 439 W. Duke of Gloucester Street.
- Shaheen, Ruth, Martin & Fonville, DBA SRMF Real Estate, LLC: The real estate firm will also occupy 439 Duke of Gloucester Street.
“We look forward to welcoming these businesses to downtown Williamsburg. This has been a very difficult year for retail, but our loyal local shoppers and support from our Economic Development team has allowed downtown Williamsburg to survive the crisis. Now we are ready to thrive,” said Rick Overy, chairman of the City’s Economic Development Authority. “A diverse offering of specialty brands is one of the many aspects that makes Merchant Square such a very attractive destination. This also reflects the strength of the Colonial Williamsburg brand and a lot of hard work by a lot of people, including the commitment of our existing business owners.”
The CWF also announced that several locations renewed their leases:
- R. Bryant, Ltd.: *Featured in WYDaily!* Under its new owner, Jamie Lavin, a lifelong Williamsburg resident and former store employee, has entered into a new lease at the store’s current location at 429 W. Duke of Gloucester Street. This comes after its original owner and store’s namesake, announced his retirement this past spring. Following renovations, the store is projected to reopen this fall.
- Talbots: Renewed its lease at 445 W. Duke of Gloucester Street.
- Chico’s: Renewed its lease at 422 W. Duke of Gloucester Street.
- The French Twist Boutique: Renewed its lease at 409 W. Duke of Gloucester Street.
- The Campus Shop: Renewed its lease at 425 Prince George Street.
- The General Society of the Sons of the Revolution: Renewed its lease of office space at 412 W. Francis Street in CWF’s “The Stable” building.