More than 15 people bid farewell to working for James City County last year, with hundreds of years of service collectively.
The county recognized its retirees at the annual Service Award Ceremony on Jan. 9 at Legacy Hall in New Town.
County Administrator Bryan Hill, Supervisor John McGlennon (Roberts) and staff spoke to the commitment and accomplishments of the group.
The 2014 retirees, their departments and time with the county:
- John Black, Fire, 33 years
- Darrell Brantley, Sheriff, 31 years
- Jackie Carroll, Dispatch, 36 years
- Grace Crawley, Treasurer, 17 years
- Ann Davis, Treasurer, 16 years
- Carole Giuliano, Housing, 21 years
- Norman Greenleaf Jr., Fire, 35 years
- Susan Malechek, Fire, 39 years
- Ron Quesenberry, Fire, 26 years
- Bob Ryalls, Fire, 36 years
- Vicki Sprigg, Parks & Recreation, 31 years
- Stan Stout, Police, 25 years
- Donna Christian-Tucker, Treasurer, 26 years
- Margaret Tucker, Fire, 34 years
- Dianne Webb, Dispatch, 35 years
- Mitch Worden, JCSA, 28 years
- Rona Vrooman, Human Resources, 19 years