VIRGINIA BEACH – Here’s the deal: You won’t have to pay for parking along Atlantic Avenue starting Oct. 1.
Free parking along Atlantic Avenue during the off-season will become the standard following last winter’s successful pilot program, according to the city.
In a nutshell: two-hour parking on Atlantic Avenue, from 6th to 38th streets, is free between 11 a.m. and 11 p.m.
After last year’s successful pilot program, an additional 13 blocks of parking have been added along with an additional hour — free parking previously concluded at 10 p.m. and stopped at 25th Street.
According to the city, designated parking spaces vary from block to block. Look for the signs and pavement markings. Hours will adjust in November to accommodate queuing for the BayPort Credit Union Holiday Lights Merry Mile.
So, here you go:
- Between 15th and 38th streets:
- 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. – Oct. 1, 2019 through April 1, 2020
- Between 6th and 15th streets:
- 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. – Oct. 1 through Nov. 21, 2019
- 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. – Nov. 22 through Dec. 31, 2019 (to accommodate queuing for BayPort Credit Union Holiday Lights Merry Mile)
- 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. – Jan. 1 through April 1, 2020