YORKTOWN — The Watermen’s Museum is celebrating life on the Chesapeake Bay Saturday, July 16, with Seafood Summerfest, The Yorktown Seafood Festival from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Visitors can expect Chesapeake Bay exhibits, a children’s fishing class, food, music, arts and crafts, vendors and more.
The Yorktown Market Days Fun in the Sun Market will take place from 8 a.m. to noon, with the Running of the Crabs starting by the market and along the waterfront to the museum at 10 a.m.
The free event will also feature music at the Watermen’s Museum, including Bob Zentz at 11 a.m., Clan MacCool at noon, Winsome at 1 p.m., ShantyGrass at 2 p.m. and Bob Zentz and friends from 3-4 p.m.
- 8 a.m.-noon — County Market
- 10 a.m. — Running of the Crabs (Start at public Pier)
Maritime Musicrafts day – Watermens Stage
NPS Children’s Fishing Clinic (10 a.m.-2 p.m.)
- 11 a.m. Bob Zentz – Watermens tent
- 11:30 a.m. Maritime Storytelling – Watermens Ship
- Noon — Clan MacCool – Watermens Stage
- 1 p.m. Winsome – Watermens Tent
- 1:30 p.m. Maritime Storytelling – Watermens Ship
- 2 p.m. ShantyGrass – Watermens Stage
- 3 p.m. — Bob Zentz and Friends – Watermens tent
For more information, visit the Watermen’s Museum Facebook Page.