YORK COUNTY — York County is moving a step closer to adding another neighborhood fire station to the area.
According to the County, there will be a groundbreaking ceremony for Fire Station 7 at 3 p.m. on April 19, 2022.
The fire station will open at 5684 Mooretown Road and is located at what used to be Crossroads Community Youth Home. The building has been repurposed for the upcoming fire station.
According to York County, “The project is scheduled for completion in the winter of 2023.”
The County has six other fire stations to include:
- Fire Station 1 – Grafton: The station serves southeastern York County by providing service for Grafton, and Dare. The station also provides backup response support for Tabb, Yorktown, and Seaford Fire Stations.
- Fire Station 2 – Tabb: The station provides support for the Tabb area. According to York County Website, “Generally a portion of the county south and east of the Harwoods Mill Reservoir along boundaries shared by York County and the Cities of Hampton, Newport News, and Poquoson.” The station provides a backup response to the Grafton Fire Station.
- Fire Station 3 – Bruton: According to York County’s website, “Fire Station 3 Bruton, responds first due into the Bruton District of the county. Generally all portions of the county from Naval Weapons Station Skiffs Creek Area north and west to Camp Peary. This station also provides a primary backup response to the areas covered by the Skimino Fire Station and areas of James City County as well as Williamsburg.”
- Fire Station 4 – Yorktown: This fire station responds to the Yorktown area of York County. According to the York County website, “Generally all portion of the county north of the C&O Railroad Tracks on Route 17 north to the York River and west to the Naval Weapons Station and Newport News line.” The station provides primary backup response to both Grafton and Seaford Fire Stations.
- Fire Station 5 – Lightfoot/Skimino: The station’s service area consists of the area west of Camp Peary to the James City County line. According to York County’s website, “Fire Station 5 provides primary back up response to the Bruton Fire Station and areas of James City County.”
- Fire Station 6 – Seaford: The Seaford station covers Seaford, Dandy, Waterview, and Hornsbyville. The station also covers Dominion Virginia Power – Yorktown Power Station, and the Plains Marketing Petroleum Terminal.
More information can be found on York County’s newly-redesigned website or on its Facebook page.