REGIONAL — Included below is the current local data (as of Jan. 3, 2022) regarding COVID-19.
Data by Locality
|Locality||Case Count||Hospitalization Count||Death Count|
|James City County||9,101||274||100|
|City of Williamsburg||1,349||40||13|
Current Level of Transmission
|James City County||High|
|City of Williamsburg||High|
School System Data
|Total Active Positive Cases||Total in Quarantine||Employees Fully Vaccinated||Students (5-11) Fully Vaccinated||Students (12-17) Fully Vaccinated|
|Williamsburg-James City County Public Schools (WJCC)||35||280||91%||10.1%||41%|
|York County School Division (YCSD)||0||Not Reported||Not Reported||Not Reported||Not Reported|
It is important to note that a person is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving the single-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine or two weeks after the second dose of Comirnaty (formerly Pfizer-BioNTech) or Moderna vaccines.
|Locality||Received One Dose||Fully Vaccinated||Third Vaccine|
|Statewide||6,613,115 (77.5%)||5,778,904 (67.7%)||2,082,151(not reported)|
|James City County||60,448 (79.0%)||53,479 (69.9%)||25,454 (33.3%)|
|City of Williamsburg||8,697 (58.2%)||7,658 (51.2%)||2,799 (18.7%)|
|York County||52,339 (76.7%)||47,340 (69.3%)||16,253 (23.8%)|
**This data does not reflect doses given out federally
Recent Information from WYDaily Regarding COVID-19 (As of Jan. 3, 2022)
- VDH Adds Out-of-State COVID-19 Deaths to Data Dashboards
- Household Pulse Survey Shows Many Don’t Trust COVID-19 Vaccine, Worry About Side Effects
- CDC Recommends Shorter COVID-19 Isolation and Quarantine Time
- COVID-19 Case Numbers “Not a Reason for Panic,” Says Northam
- Oral Antiviral COVID-19 Treatment Authorized for Certain Adults
- Williamsburg Regional Library Records High Demand for COVID-19 Testing Kits
- To learn more or to schedule an appointment to receive a COVID-19 vaccine, contact your healthcare provider or visit the website for Vaccinate Virginia.
- For more information regarding current vaccinations for COVID-19, visit the website for the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- To find the latest data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), click here.
- To see the current COVID-19 map courtesy of Johns Hopkins University & Medicine, click here.