REGIONAL — Included below is the current local data (as of Dec. 27, 2021) regarding COVID-19.
Data by Locality
|Locality||Case Count||Hospitalization Count||Death Count|
|James City County||8,078||243||100|
|City of Williamsburg||1,302||33||13|
Current Level of Transmission
|James City County||High|
|City of Williamsburg||High|
School System Data
|School System||Total Active Positive Cases||Total in Quarantine||Employees Fully Vaccinated||Students (12-17) Fully Vaccinated||Students (5-11) Fully Vaccinated|
|Williamsburg-James City County Public Schools (WJCC)||35 (in isolation)||280||91%||41%||10.1%|
|York County School Division (YCSD)||4||Not reported||Not reported||Not reported||Not reported|
It is important to note that a person is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving the single-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine or two weeks after the second dose of Comirnaty (formerly Pfizer-BioNTech) or Moderna vaccines.
|Locality||Received One Dose||Fully Vaccinated||Third Vaccine|
|Statewide||6,561,908 (76.9%)||5,748,800 (67.4%)||1,948,110 (not reported)|
|James City County||59,978 (78.4%)||53,161 (69.5%)||24,166 (31.6%)|
|City of Williamsburg||8,688 (58.1%)||7,649 (51.2%)||2,772 (18.5%)|
|York County||52,082 (76.3%)||47,145 (69.0%)||15,333 (22.5%)|
**This data does not include doses given out federally
Recent Information from WYDaily Regarding COVID-19 (As of Dec. 27, 2021)
- Virginia Dept. of Health Urges Virginians to Get Vaccinated and Practice Mitigation Strategies During Holidays
- New Law Extends Certain COVID-19 Protections to GI Bill Students
- W&M Professor Helps Medical Experts Study COVID-19 With GPUs
- First Virginia Confirmed Case of Omicron Variant Identified
- To learn more or to schedule an appointment to receive a COVID-19 vaccine, contact your healthcare provider or visit the website for Vaccinate Virginia.
- For more information regarding current vaccinations for COVID-19, visit the website for the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- To find the latest data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), click here.
- To see the current COVID-19 map courtesy of Johns Hopkins University & Medicine, click here.