WILLIAMSBURG — It was recently announced that the Williamsburg Winery received a Platinum Medal in the 2021 Winemaker Challenge International Wine Competition for the winery’s 2019 Petit Manseng, which earned 94 points.
In a review, Rich Cook, a writer who has specialized in wine since 2008, wrote, “Petit Manseng is a very interesting variety that you may not have had a chance to taste, and here’s a solid example worth seeking out.”
Cook went on to describe the wine as having floral and hard candy aromas, a zesty sour flavor with a “floral impression.”
The Williamsburg Winery is currently selling the 2019 Petit Manseng in a prerelease special of six bottles, costing $123.00. This special prerelease can be purchased by clicking here.
In addition to the Platinum Medal for the Petit Manseng, The Williamsburg Winery was also the recipient of four Gold Medals (90-93 points) and three Silver Medals.
- 2019 Wessex Hundred Viognier — 93 points — Yet to be released
- 2019 Rkatsiteli Limited Release — 92 points — Wine Club Exclusive release
- 2019 Cabernet Franc — 92 points
- 2019 Petite Fleur Limited Release Aged in Cognac Barrels — 90 points
- 2019 Wessex Hundred Chardonnay
- 2019 Wessex Hundred Petit Verdot
- 2017 Merlot Reserve
The Williamsburg Winery has announced that it will also be selling five-packs of a five pack of wines that will include one bottle of each of the winery’s Platinum and Gold medal winners. The cost would be $110.00. To purchase this five-pack, click here.
Opened year-round, the winery was founded in 1988. Today, there are numerous activities and events held on property including: wine tastings, weddings, and private social events. For more information about Williamsburg Winery, visit their website by clicking here.
CATCH UP ON MORE FROM WYDAILY:
- JBLE confirms emergency call at Bethel Housing, says YPSO is in charge
- Poquoson Museum’s America Goes to War returns this year
- Brick and Vine comes to Merchants Square
- James River Association receives new learning grant from National Park Foundation