If all goes according to plan, the Brewster’s Real Ice Cream at Williamsburg Crossing will soon be adding a drive-thru lane.
Caroline’s Creamery LLC, which operates as Bruster’s Real Ice Cream in the shopping center adjacent to Humelsine Parkway has asked for just that, according to a James City County Planning Division staff report from Jan. 6.
The area is currently zoned B1 — General Business — and is designated as mixed-use on the 2035 Comprehensive Plan. Bruster’s Real Ice Cream is asking for approval for a drive-thru lane around the building.
The staff report is prepared by the James City County Planning Division to provide information to the Planning Commission and Board of Supervisors to assist them in making a recommendation on the application.
The staff has found that the proposal is compatible with surrounding zoning and development and consistent with the 2035 Comprehensive Plan, with the addition of some attached conditions.
James City County’s Board of Supervisors will have a public hearing on Feb. 9, at 5 p.m. Due to the pandemic, there is a call-in option for public comment and public hearings for meetings of the James City County Board of Supervisors according to jamescitycountyva.gov.
To participate, call 757-253-6762 to record a comment that will be forwarded to all Board members for their consideration prior to the meeting. Recorded comments must be submitted no later than noon on the day of the meeting and must include name, address and comments should be limited to five minutes or less.
Participants may also submit comments via email to the Board of Supervisors or attend meetings in person. Those with questions are urged to call 757-253-6609.
YOU MIGHT WANT TO CHECK OUT THESE STORIES:
- WJCC Schools delays hybrid learning to mid-February
- Man charged for allegedly sodomizing teen, YPSO says
- Ex-Ford’s Colony co-owner indicted on bank fraud
- Q&A with W&M professor on First Amendment freedoms and limitations
- The George Washington Inn and Conference Center will be turned into a 125-unit rental apartment building
- Phase 2 of the First Baptist Church archaeological project begins; foundations donate millions
- CAA Announces Addition of Drexel/William & Mary Men’s Basketball Game on Saturday
- Food Truck Tracker: Here’s what food trucks in the area are doing