REGIONAL — Monday, August 9 is National Book Lovers Day. Below, WYDaily has compiled a list of some of the local book shops around the region!
- The Bookpress (1304 Jamestown Rd): Located in Colony Square Shopping Center in Williamsburg, this book store specializes in rare books about architecture, art, Colonial America, wine, gardening and more.
James City County
- The Comic Cubicle (4809 Courthouse St Suite 2): Tucked away behind Authentic Guitars Inc., the Comic Cubicle has comic books ranging from superheroes to fantastical quests to sci-fi adventure.
- Book Warehouse (5625 Richmond Rd Suite F-130): Over in the Williamsburg Premium Outlets, Book Warehouse offers a large selection for discount prices.
- Yorktown Bookshop (328 Water St.): Located at the Yorktown riverfront, Yorktown Bookshop is a fun store to look for used books, collectibles and other odds of interest.
- Jersey’s Gaming, Cards & Comics (5906 George Washington Memorial Hwy.): Jersey’s is a hidden gem in York County. With a variety of comic books from mainstream to obscure, tabletop and card gaming materials, plus space for tabletop gamers to converge, it is a fun little shop.
Other Nearby Stores
- Benders Books and Cards (22 S. Mallory St., Hampton): This store focuses on used books, comics, collectibles with two mascot cats that live on premises.
- Dog Eared Books (52 Old Hampton Ln., Suite C, Hampton): This cozy little shop specializes in used books sure to pique any reader’s interest.
- The Way We Were Bookshop (32 E. Mellen St., Hampton): This store specializes not only in used books, but also a variety of antiques and curious ephemera.
- Paperbacks Ink (9716 Warwick Blvd., Newport News): Paperbacks Ink boasts more than 40,000 titles of books and has a small cafe on premises called Kaffee Kultur.
- Atomic Comics Emporium (50 W. Mercury Blvd., Hampton): If you are a comic book lover, this store is a “must.” Atomic Comics Emporium has a wide variety of comics plus tabletop and card gaming materials.
- World’s Best Comics & Games (9714 Warwick Blvd., Newport News): This is another unique comic book shop that sells comics, memorabilia and materials for tabletop and card gaming. It also has a “War Room” to provide space for tabletop and card gamers to get together.