JAMESTOWN — When it comes to finding a place to listen to live music, one could do a lot worse than Billsburg Brewery. With plenty of open space and and a beautiful view of the Jamestown Yacht Basin, the scene is perfect for listening to local and touring bands as the sun sets. Oh yeah. Billsburg’s award-winning beer also enhances the positive vibes.
We sat down with Billsburg General Manager Eric Williams to talk about what makes the Brewery a great music venue.
Q: What makes this venue unique?
A: The fun part about Billsburg and music is that the stage is set up right in front of the water. You have a great band playing and you can sit there, have a beer, have a snack, look out at the water and stare at the inside of a taproom. It is fun to see people in that environment. The bands really seem to enjoy it because they can have way more interaction with the crowd. They can look out and see what sections of the crowd are getting into it. I equate it to the lawn section of a Jimmy Buffet concert.
Q: In your personal opinion, what bands have put on the best shows at Billsburg?
A: DOG Street Boys have always been a great show to come out to. They are really engaging. They do a great job with the crowd and we love having them out here. London is another one. They are a little bit different than what you get somewhere else. It is fun to see the crowd they bring in and see how much fun people have listening to them. As for solo artists, I really enjoy Sammy Lee. He is great, just phenomenal.
Q: Any shows coming up?
A: We are going to have music going on all summer. We try to mix it up by bringing in local artists and bring in artists that are newer to the area.
Ready to head out for the weekend? Check out who is playing where around the Historic Triangle!
- Berret’s Seafood Restaurant and Taphouse Grill, 199 S Boundary Street
- Friday, April 1, 3:30 p.m. Brian Carmona
- Brass Cannon Brewing, 5476 Mooretown Road
- Saturday, April 2, 6 p.m. Wyatt Baldwin’s Album Release Show
- Charly’s Airport Restaurant, 100 Marclay Dr.
- Friday, April 1, 5:30 p.m. Nathan Lienard
- Column 15, 701 Merrimac Trail R
- Saturday, April 2, 5 p.m. Joe Duggan
- Copper Fox Distillery, 901 Capital Landing Rd.
- Thursday, March 31, 6 p.m. Jon Smith
- Jolene’s Bar and Grill, 3032 Richmond Rd.
- Oceans & Ale, 5601 Richmond Rd.
- Saturday April 2, 8:30 p.m. Amy Kaus
- Pisco 51, 4917 Courthouse St.
- Saturday, April 2, 9 p.m. The Nashville Nights Band
- Revolution Golf and Grille, 1430 High St.
- Friday, April 1, 7 p.m. BrassWind
- Trojan Grill, 11833 Aspengraf Ln, New Kent
- Saturday, April 2, 6:30 p.m. Nathan Lienard
- Two Drummers Smokehouse, 8864 Richmond Rd.
- Thursday, March 31, 7:00 p.m. Troy Breslow
- Virginia Beer Company, 401 Second St.
- Williamsburg Winery, 5800 Wessex Hundred