When it comes to comedy, Noel Goodman is working all the angles around the Historic Triangle. (cricket noise) From doing stand up comedy around town, to organizing multi-comic showcases at local restaurants, to hosting the “Good Man Podcast, Noel is doing his level best to establish a foothold for not only himself but for any local who wants to make people laugh on purpose.
Here are some quick facts about Noel Goodman:
Q: What is your ideal room or venue to do comedy in?
A: I like small rooms because it’s intimate. But I am starting to appreciate large rooms too. As I’ve become more successful as comic, I am getting bigger venues. There is an energy in big rooms that has people excited and full of laughter. People seem to have more fun in big rooms.
Q: What was the first comedy special to blow your mind?
A: That’s easy. Eddie Murphy: Raw. When I was a kid, Raw was the special that we all quoted all the time.
Q: What standup comedian would you most like to open for?
A: Chris D’Elia. I really like his energy and his last special.
Q: Where do you see the comedy scene in Hampton Roads going?
A: I envision comedy coming to Williamsburg. If there is anyone out there reading, let’s do business. Williamsburg has mix of everything. We’ve got college kids, we’ve got retirees, we’ve got young successful creative types. There is not reason Williamsburg can’t be a hub for standup comedy. We need the right investment and the talent will come.
Q: Where and when are your next standup shows?
A: Noel is hosting back to back nights of comedy show cases in Williamsburg during the first weekend of March.
On Saturday, March 5 at Pisco 51 (Formerly El Patio), Noel will be running the show again starting at 8 p.m. The bill for this show features Jounte Ferguson, Kevin Bianchi, Issac Fields, Travis Carl and John Gilbreath.
Ready to head out for the weekend? Check out who is playing where around the Historic Triangle!
- Brass Cannon Brewing, 5476 Mooretown Road
- Saturday, Feb. 19, 6 p.m. Joshua Shane
- Center Street Grill, 5101 Center Street
- Saturday, Feb. 19, 7:30 p.m. Identity Crisis
- Cogan’s Deli & Sports Pub, 4324 New Town Ave.
- Copper Fox Distillery, 901 Capital Landing Rd.
- Thursday, Feb. 16, 6 p.m. Jon Smith
- Jolene’s Bar and Grill, 3032 Richmond Rd.
- Paul’s Deli New Town, 4345 New Town Avenue
- Friday, Feb. 18, 10 p.m. Felicia Hoyos Band
- Tradition Brewing, 700 Thimble Shoals Blvd. Newport News
- Saturday, Feb. 19, 6:30 p.m. Red Stapler Duo
- Virginia Beer Company, 401 Second St.
- Saturday, Feb. 19, 4 p.m. James Wright with DJ Kudlz