HISTORIC TRIANGLE — The big game is coming up this weekend, which gives an excuse to gather with family and friends and eat good food.
Football fan or not, everyone can enjoy some special menu items and discounts for Super Bowl Sunday.
From barbecue to wings, here’s a list of local spots that are celebrating the Super Bowl this year.
- Sportsmans Grille (240 McLaws Cir #154, Williamsburg): Sportsmans Grille is celebrating Super Bowl Sunday with an all-day football party and happy hour from 3-7 p.m. The menu includes “Kick Offs” such as a jumbo pretzel with queso and honey mustard, fried pickles and Bloodys. Entrees include beer battered fish and chips, fried chicken bowl, pork BBQ nachos, beef tacos and smoked sausage or hot dogs. Desserts include brownie sundae, bread pudding and shakes. $14 domestic beer buckets and $2.50 Bud and Bud Light 16 ounce aluminums are also available.
- Old City Barbeque (700 York St, Williamsburg): Old City Barbeque is offering a Super Bowl package that includes party wings and meat platters for pick-up on Sunday, Feb. 13 before 4 p.m. Customers can order their choice of 50 piece, 40 piece or 30 piece smoked and fried wings, including Sweet & Spicy, Buffalo, Dry Rub, Sticky Patches BBQ, Tidewater BBQ and more. Smoked meat by the half-pound or pound includes pulled pork/chicken, seared pork belly, prime brisket and St. Louis Ribs. Call (757) 378-5125 or order online.
- Route 60 BBQ Market (1622 Richmond Rd, Williamsburg): Route 60 BBQ Market is now taking pre-orders for Super Bowl Sunday. Customers can order smoked wings with a choice of sauces, including Rt. 60 Original, Buffalo, Spicy Peach and Hot 7 Spicy. To order, call (757) 259-1670.
- Captain George’s Seafood Restaurant (5363 Richmond Rd, Williamsburg): Captain George’s is celebrating Super Bowl Sunday with the lowest price of the year. Captain George’s is offering the adult buffet for a discounted $39.99 on Sunday, Feb. 13 from noon to 9 p.m. at all four locations. No coupons or reservations are needed.
- K’Bolá Cuban Restaurant & Bar (5201 Center St, Williamsburg): K’Bolá Cuban Restaurant & Bar in New Town will have a live broadcast of the Super Bowl during its Valentine’s Party on Sunday, Feb. 13. From 4-8 p.m. There will be cocktails, DJ Nene, games, a raffle and Cuban cuisine. To make reservations, visit here.