GLOUCESTER COUNTY — Gloucester County’s Economic Development office announced several new businesses have opened recently or are under construction in the county.
“This is all good news, and I’m so pleased to report all the activity going on in our business community,” Sherry Spring, Gloucester’s Economic Development Director, said in a press release. “Gloucester’s unemployment rate is declining, and our businesses are flourishing. It’s a testimony to the diligence of our local business owners and entrepreneurs.”
According to Spring, the following businesses are currently under construction:
- Land and Coates, an outdoor power equipment store, moving to a new location just south of the Gloucester Business Park, with a projected opening date of March 2023.
- Shops in front of the Hampton Inn to include a Chipotle restaurant, Aspen Dental office, and a T-Mobile store, with the new tenants likely to be open before the end of this year.
- Renovations on the new Sweet Tooth Café, moving from its current location into a larger space on the opposite side of Main Street, are nearly complete.
The following businesses are in the planning stages:
• A new Valvoline Instant Oil Change planned for Fox Mill Centre.
• Langley Federal Credit Union has finalized the purchase of the lot across Route 17 from the Gloucester Business Park.
• The former SunTrust Bank building on Main Street has been purchased with the new owner planning an event venue.
The following businesses have recently opened or will soon be opening their doors:
• Slammin Sammy’s Diner has opened in the former Pizza Hut building at Gloucester Point. The new owner has completed renovations to the interior and exterior of the building.
• Gloucester Pancake House recently opened in the former Sutton’s Restaurant building off Main Street.
• Fiorello’s Italian Restaurant is locating in the former Wild Horse Café location at White Marsh Shopping Center.
For more information about economic development in Gloucester and resources for current or prospective businesses, visit the Economic Development website, call 804-693-1415 or e-mail email@example.com.