REGIONAL — Included below is the current local data (as of Jan. 18, 2022) regarding COVID-19.
Data by Locality
|Locality||Case Count||Hospitalization Count||Death Count|
|James City County||11,998||336||100|
|City of Williamsburg||1,453||64||13|
Since Monday, Jan. 10, James City County has seen a 2,440 increase in cases, City of Williamsburg has seen 69, and York County has seen 1,285. However, there has not been an increase in COVID-19-related deaths since Jan. 10.*these numbers are based on the numbers provided through VDH’s COVID-19 Dashboard as of Jan. 17, 2022.
Current Level of Transmission
|James City County||High|
|City of Williamsburg||High|
School System Data
|Total Active Positive Cases||Total in Quarantine||Employees Fully Vaccinated||Students (5-11) Fully Vaccinated||Students (12-17) Fully Vaccinated|
|Williamsburg-James City County Public Schools (WJCC)||315||352||91%||19.5%||43.1%|
|York County School Division (YCSD)||120||Not Reported||Not Reported||Not Reported||Not Reported|
It is important to note that a person is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving the single-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine or two weeks after the second dose of Comirnaty (formerly Pfizer-BioNTech) or Moderna vaccines.
|Locality||Received One Dose||Fully Vaccinated||Third Vaccine|
|Statewide||6,705,042 (78.6%)||5,838,361 (68.4%)||2,330,629 (not reported)|
|James City County||61,282 (80.1%)||54,054 (70.6%)||27,790 (36.3%)|
|City of Williamsburg||8,827 (59.0%)||7,731 (51.7%)||3,102 (20.7%)|
|York County||52,992 (77.6%)||47,810 (70.0%)||18,089 (26.5%)|
**This data does not reflect doses given out federally
Recent Information from WYDaily Regarding COVID-19 (As of Jan. 17, 2022)
- Youngkin Signs Executive Order for Parent Choice Regarding Masking in Schools
- Virginia Department of Health’s Award-Winning COVIDWISE Exposure Notifications App Hits Record Level of Use
- OTC At-Home COVID-19 Test Kits To Become Free for Many More
- WJCC Schools Provides ViSSTA Screening Program for Students as Demand Increases
- Social Security Offices Remain Closed for In-Person Appointments
- Governor-Elect Youngkin Announces Medical Advisory Team
- York County Schools Moves to Shorter Isolation and Quarantine Periods
- To learn more or to schedule an appointment to receive a COVID-19 vaccine, contact your healthcare provider or visit the website for Vaccinate Virginia.
- For more information regarding current vaccinations for COVID-19, visit the website for the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- To find the latest data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), click here.
- To see the current COVID-19 map courtesy of Johns Hopkins University & Medicine, click here.