York County is welcoming citizens to help celebrate high school youth by nominating deserving students for one of the county’s 2021 Outstanding Youth Award Scholarships.
Nominees must be York County residents and currently enrolled in grades 9-12 in a public, private, or home school.
A $1,000 scholarship for post-high school education or vocational training will be awarded in each of these four categories: Community Service, Compassion, Courage and Overall Achievement, according to the county’s announcement.
These scholarships are sponsored each year by the Board of Supervisors and the Youth Commission.
Nominations are due at the York County Parks & Recreation office on Friday, Feb. 19 by 5 p.m.
Complete details are available on the York County Youth Commission’s website.
YOU MIGHT WANT TO CHECK OUT THESE STORIES:
- York County digital readers are breaking records
- Commissioner of the Revenue’s food drive needs community support
- ICYMI: Medical marijuana, virtual learning, community art and more
- Get your tv remotes ready: ‘Lover’s Lane Murders’ TV series covers the Colonial Parkway Murders
- Williamsburg city manager extends staff telework directive for two weeks
- Have questions about the new vaccination clinic? Williamsburg, James City County have a new phone line for that