JAMES CITY COUNTY — The James City County Police Department (JCCPD) recognized its officers’ “outstanding achievements and unwavering dedication” during its annual award ceremony on May 16.
Senior Officer Justin White was awarded the department’s highest honor, Officer of the Year.
According to JCCPD, White has been instrumental in several department accomplishments. White serves as a senior officer on A Squad and is a “valued emerging leader” within his shift, it said, adding White also serves as a lead officer in charge on his shift and “is called upon by both his supervisors and fellow officers for his experience and expertise in various fields.” JCCPD noted White is one of the most active instructors within the department.
“Senior Officer White consistently maintains such a high level of professionalism, both with the public and his coworkers, that he sets the example for how an officer should always portray themselves,” JCCPD said. “He volunteers for assignments on a regular basis and never hesitates to assist whenever needed. SPO White is a certified ground tracker and assisted in the ground tracking of a missing suicidal juvenile, who was ultimately found unharmed and provided crisis treatment. Justin also received the Officer of the Quarter Award for 2022.”
JCCPD’s complete list of award recipients:
(Key: POI/II = Police Officer One/Two, SPO = Senior, MPO = Master, INV = Investigator SGT = Sergeant, LT = Lieutenant)
Certificate of Appreciation
- MPO Randy Matthews
Letters of Commendation
- POI Caleb Crawford, POII Joey Powell, MPO Walter Whitt, INV Leslie Sten, MPO Jenn Tackes, POII Jesse Harmon, POII Cheyne Morrison, SPO Roop (x3), POII Courtney Casper, Eric Darden, MPO Frantz, SGT Marc Marchand (x2), SGT Tiara Suggs, MPO Fitzsimmons, SPO Ryan Moore, SPO Kara Mayfield, SPO Justin White, and Mitchell Anderson
Investigating Service Award
- INV Tim Renwick
Distinguished Service Medal
- MPO Jeremy Morris and LT Chris O’Neil
Meritorious Service Award
- MPO Michael Bowen, MPO Brandon Frantz, and MPO Daniel Jackson
Supervisory Service Award
- LT Thomas Johnson and LT Chris O’Neil
- MPO Chad Perrigan, SPO Trey Heinrich, MPO Walter Whitt, MPO Jonathan Evans, SPO Kara Mayfield (x2), and LT Jason Slodysko
“We congratulate and celebrate all for their achievements and are grateful for their commitment to keeping our community safe,” JCCPD said.