HISTORIC TRIANGLE — As the cooler temperatures take hold of Hampton Roads, fall race season is just starting to hit its stride.
Entry fees for the different races vary, with many putting at least a percentage of the profit towards a specific charity or organization. Listed below are some of the races that will take place in the Greater Williamsburg area from this Saturday (Oct. 8, 2021) through Thanksgiving weekend.
For registration information for any of the races, click the link for the corresponding race provided below.
Saturday Oct. 9
- 12th Annual Run for the Hills 5k starts behind Legacy Hall, 4301 New Town Avenue.
- 3rd Annual Weighted Angels 5k at Billsburg Brewery, 2054 Jamestown Road.
- Proceeds go towards Weighted Angels, a non-profit that raises awareness of still births and infant loss. It also provides grieving parents with support.
- Packet pickup and same day registration start at 7 a.m.
Saturday, Oct. 16
- 2nd Annual Heritage Humane Society FURever Homes Runs at Jamestown High School, 3751 John Tyler Highway.
Saturday, Oct. 23
- 2nd Annual Logy Bear Race at New Quarter Park, 1000 Lakeshead Drive.
- Proceeds go towards LL12 Foundation, which raises money to provide scholarships for student athletes and help them with fees associated with their activities.
Saturday, Oct. 30
- Inaugural Grove Trotter 10k at Chickahominy State Park, 1350 John Tyler Highway
- Proceeds go to the Grove Christian Outreach Center which provides food, clothing and financial assistance for impoverished families in the Grove community located in lower James City County.
- Packet pickup begins at 7 a.m. on the day of the race.
- Run for the Bulls 5k Run and 2-Mile Walk at 51 Odd Rd. in Poquoson
Saturday, Nov. 6
- Yorktown Battlefield 10 Miler, at York High School, 9300 George Washington Memorial Highway
- Packet pickup begins at 8:30 a.m. on the day of the race. No day of registration.
- Midnight Maniac 13-Hour Endurance Run, at Warhill Sports Complex, 5700 Warhill Trail in Williamsburg
- Race lasts between 7 p.m. and 7 a.m.
Saturday, Nov. 13
- Riverwatch on the Piankatank 5K at Riverwatch, 8031 Riverwatch Court
- Proceeds go to help the Special Olympics of Virginia.
Sunday, Nov. 14
- Varsity Mile, Warhill High School Track, 4615 Opportunity Way, Williamsburg
Saturday, Nov. 20
- Governor’s Land 5k at Park East, 2711 Two Rivers Road.
- Timberneck Turkey Trot 5k Run/Walk Fundraiser, Machicomoco State Park, 3601 Timberneck Farm Rd., Hayes
- 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Entry fee is $40, Register here
- Hosted by the Fairfield Foundation with proceeds going towards the fund to restore the c. 1800 Timberneck House
Saturday, Dec. 5
- Christmas Town Dash 8k at Busch Gardens Williamsburg, 1 Busch Gardens Blvd., Williamsburg
- Cost of entry is $40 and must be registered by Nov. 22. To register, click here.
Saturday, Dec. 11
- Colonial Sports Sleighbell 5k Run/Walk, 400 Sentara Circle, Williamsburg
- Entry fee varies from $15-$30
- A virtual option is available for participants who cannot attend on the day of the event
- Early packet pick-up is available 12-6 p.m. on Dec. 10 at 1303 Jamestown Rd. in Williamsburg
Saturday, Dec. 18
- JLHR Jingle Jog 5k, Billsburg Brewery, 2054 Jamestown Rd. in Williamsburg