Here are the latest statistic as of Thursday, May 20:
The latest numbers for the Peninsula Health District, which includes the Historic Triangle, are below, courtesy of the Virginia Department of Health’s (VDH) COVID-19 Dashboard:
COVID-19 variants of concern statistics as of Thursday, May 20:
The COVID-19 variants being tracked by the VDH include: B.1.1.7, B.1.351, B.1.427, B.1.429, P.1. The information below is the information statewide. For information, visit the Virginia dashboard for COVID-19 variants by clicking here.
Local school division statistics as of Thursday, May 20:
York County School Division’s COVID-19 Case Status Dashboard reports that the school system has identified 3 active positive cases of COVID-19 and a total of 355 positive cases.
Williamsburg-James City County Public Schools’ COVID-19 Dashboard reports that there is 1 student who has tested positive, 0 staff members who tested positive and are in isolation, 0 staff members in quarantine, 33 students in quarantine, and 1560 employees that are fully vaccinated.
Here are some recent WYDaily COVID-19 related headlines you may have missed:
- Kings Dominion has updated guidance regarding mask wearing
- WJCC Public Schools starts up clinics to vaccine their students
- Busch Gardens lifts many mask requirements; Guests will be on the “honor system”
- Gov. Northam lifts mask mandate in alignment with CDC
- CHKD releases information regarding new COVID-19 vaccine eligibility
For more news and information from around the Historic Triangle, visit WYDaily’s homepage!
CATCH UP ON MORE FROM WYDAILY:
- An orphaned blind, dwarf calf has found her forever home
- Broadway’s golden years are coming to the Williamsburg Players stage
- Not vaccinated yet? You can change that Saturday at Tabb High School
- What does “Emergency Use” mean? A break down of how the COVID-19 vaccine came to be