REGIONAL — Included below is the current local data (as of Oct. 11, 2021) regarding COVID-19.
Data by Locality
|Locality||Case Count||Hospitalization Count||Death Count|
|James City County||6,714||238||90|
|City of Williamsburg||1,105||42||14|
*Data courtesy of Virginia Department of Health (VDH) as of Oct. 11, 2021
**Percentage indicates over WYDaily’s previous COVID-19 tracker, with data collected on Oct. 11, 2021.
Current Level of Transmission
|James City County||High|
|City of Williamsburg||High|
*Data courtesy of VDH as of Oct. 11, 2021. For more detailed information, click here.
School System Data
|School System||Total Positive Cases in Isolation||Total in Quarantine||Employees Fully Vaccinated||Students (12-17) Fully Vaccinated|
|Williamsburg-James City County Public Schools (WJCC)||44||196||91%||35%|
|York County School Division (YCSD)||35||Not Reported||Not Reported||Not Reported|
*Data courtesy of WJCC and YCSD as of Mon., Oct. 11, 2021. To view the data in detail, clink the links provided in this table.
It is important to note that a person is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving the single-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine or two weeks after the second dose of Comirnaty (formerly Pfizer-BioNTech) or Moderna vaccines.
|Locality||Received One Dose||Fully Vaccinated|
|Statewide||5,847,362 (68.5%)||5,212,441 (61.1%)|
|James City County||52,159 (68.2%)||46,560 (60.8%)|
|City of Williamsburg||7,936 (53.1%)||7,069 (47.3%)|
|York County||40,781 (59.7%)||36,781 (53.8%)|
*Data as of Oct. 11, 2021. Courtesy of Virginia Department of Health (VDH)
**This data does not reflect doses given out federally
Recent Information from WYDaily Regarding COVID-19 (As of Oct. 11, 2021)
- School System COVID-19 Guidelines For Student Athletes
- JCSA Announces Deadline for COVID-19 Grants
- TPMG Seeking Participants for COVID-19 Oral Medication Research Study
- City of Williamsburg Cancels Events Due to COVID-19 Concerns
- To learn more or to schedule an appointment to receive a COVID-19 vaccine, contact your healthcare provider or visit the website for Vaccinate Virginia.
- For more information regarding current vaccinations for COVID-19, visit the website for the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- To find the latest data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), click here.
- To see the current COVID-19 map courtesy of Johns Hopkins University & Medicine, click here.