Here are the latest statistics as of Thursday, July 8:
The latest numbers for the Peninsula Health District, which includes the Historic Triangle, are below, courtesy of the Virginia Department of Health’s (VDH) COVID-19 Dashboard:
COVID-19 variants of concern statistics as of Thursday, July 8:
The COVID-19 variants being tracked by the VDH include: B.1.1.7, B.1.351, B.1.427, B.1.429, P.1. The information below is the information statewide. For information, visit the Virginia dashboard for COVID-19 variants by clicking here.
Local school division statistics as of Thursday, July 8:
- York County School Division’s COVID-19 Case Status Dashboard reports that the school system has identified 0 active positive cases of COVID-19 and a total of 360 positive cases.
- Williamsburg-James City County Public Schools’ COVID-19 Dashboard reports that there is 1 student who has tested positive, 0 staff members who tested positive and are in isolation, 0 staff members in quarantine, 13 students in quarantine, and 1560 employees that are fully vaccinated.
Here are some recent WYDaily COVID-19 related headlines you may have missed:
- Pandemic Impacts Used Car Values
- Telework Pilot Program Eased JCC Pandemic Woes
- WATA Will Resume Ridership Fares Starting July 5