Welcome to On the Road! This column will have your weekly lane closures and roadwork reports for this coming week!
Do you have a tip or story idea? We want to hear from you! Send us an email at Info@WYDaily.com!
This list below covers full closures of interstates, ramps, bridges and primary roads, and single-lane closures at the bridge-tunnels and the Coleman, High Rise and James River bridges.
Scheduled closures are subject to change based on weather conditions and other factors.
For information on traffic, maintenance and construction in Hampton Roads, visit the Virginia Department of Transportation’s 511 website, download the 511VA smartphone app or dial 511.
Bridges & Tunnels
Hampton Roads Bridge-Tunnel, I-64:
- Alternating, single-lane closures starting as early as 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.:
- westbound on June 13 and June 16
- eastbound on June 14 from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m
- Alternating, mobile, single-lane closures northbound on June 15 from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
James River Bridge, Route 17:
- Mobile, single-lane closures from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.:
- southbound on June 14-16
- northbound on June 17-18
- For lane closures and project updates related to the HRBT Expansion Project, visit HRBTExpansion.org.
- Go to Elizabeth River Tunnels for maintenance schedules on the Downtown Tunnel (I-264), Midtown Tunnel (U.S. 58) and MLK Expressway (Route 164).
Interstate 64 (I-64)
I-64 Widening Segment III Project, York County:
- Single-lane closures on I-64 east and west from Route 199/Lightfoot (exit 234) to Route 199/Humelsine Parkway (exit 242) as needed June 13-17 starting as early as 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Single-lane closures on Route 143/Merrimac Trail at the I-64 overpass June 16-18 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Lane closures under flagger control on Rochambeau Drive near Great Wolf Lodge on June 14-18 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- A consecutive, long-term full ramp closure and diversion on the existing Route 199 west on-ramp to I-64 west in Lightfoot continues. Westbound traffic on Route 199 follow detour signage in place directing motorists to a new temporary median crossover to access the Route 199 east on-ramp to I-64 west during the closure.
- A consecutive, long-term full ramp closure on Route 143/Merrimac Trail north to I-64 west continues. Traffic will follow detour signage in place directing motorists to the Route 143 south on-ramp to I-64 west during the closure.
- Full closure of the I-64 Express Lanes in both directions on:
- June 13-14 from 8 p.m. to 3 a.m.
- June 14-15 from 9 a.m. to as late as 12:30 p.m.
- Full directional closures of Military Highway between the I-64 on- and off-ramps from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. on the following dates:
- June 14 – northbound and southbound
- June 15 – northbound only
- June 16 – northbound and southbound
- June 17 – southbound only
- Alternating, single-lane closures on I-64 in both directions between South Military Highway (exit 297) and Greenbrier Parkway (exit 289):
- June 14-17 from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- June 18 from 9 p.m. to 7 a.m.
- June 19 from 8 p.m. to 9 a.m.
- June 20 from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Full closure of the on ramps from Mercury Boulevard to I-64 west on June 14-17 from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
Interstate 264 (I-264)
- Alternating, multi-lane closures on I-264 in both directions from Newtown Road (exit 15) to Witchduck Road (exit 16) on June 13-20 from 7 p.m. until as late as noon, including a consecutive double-lane closure on I-264 east on June 18 at 10 p.m. to June 21 at 5 a.m.
- Ongoing, consecutive right shoulder closure on I-264 east at the overpass just before Witchduck Road (exit 16)
- Single-lane closure on I-64 east at the I-264 interchange on June 13-18 from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
Other Notable Closures
- Full overnight closure and traffic shift on Denbigh Boulevard in both directions between Pocahontas Drive and Millwood Drive, beginning as early as June 13, between 7 p.m. and 6 a.m. Click here for the full traffic alert: https://conta.cc/3csSAS3
CATCH UP ON MORE WYDAILY STORIES: