Welcome to On the Road! This column will have your weekly lane closures and roadwork reports for this coming week!
Do you have a tip or story idea? We want to hear from you! Send us an email at Info@WYDaily.com!
This list below covers full closures of interstates, ramps, bridges and primary roads, and single-lane closures at the bridge-tunnels and the Coleman, High Rise and James River bridges.
Scheduled closures are subject to change based on weather conditions and other factors.
For information on traffic, maintenance and construction in Hampton Roads, visit the Virginia Department of Transportation’s 511 website, download the 511VA smartphone app or dial 511.
Bridges & Tunnels
Hampton Roads Bridge-Tunnel, I-64:
- Mobile, single-lane closure eastbound on June 8 from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Alternating, single-lane closures westbound on June 9 from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Alternating, single-lane closures eastbound on June 11 from 11 p.m. to 7 a.m.
- Alternating, single-lane closures westbound on June 12 from 11 p.m. to 9 a.m.
- Alternating, single-lane closures southbound on June 6 from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Single-lane closure northbound on June 7 from as early as 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- For lane closures and project updates related to the HRBT Expansion Project, visit HRBTExpansion.org.
- Go to Elizabeth River Tunnels for maintenance schedules on the Downtown Tunnel (I-264), Midtown Tunnel (U.S. 58) and MLK Expressway (Route 164).
Interstate 64 (I-64)
I-64 Widening Segment III Project, York County:
- Single-lane closures on I-64 in both directions near the Lakeshead Drive overpass on June 4 from 11 p.m. to 6 a.m. eastbound and 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. westbound.
- Single-lane closures on I-64 east and west from Route 199/Lightfoot (exit 234) to Route 199/Humelsine Parkway (exit 242) as needed June 6-10 starting as early as 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Lane closures under flagger control on Rochambeau Drive near Great Wolf Lodge on June 7-11, from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- A consecutive, long-term full ramp closure and diversion on the existing Route 199 west on-ramp to I-64 west in Lightfoot continues. Westbound traffic on Route 199 follow detour signage in place directing motorists to a new temporary median crossover to access the Route 199 east on-ramp to I-64 west during the closure.
- A consecutive, long-term full ramp closure on Route 143/Merrimac Trail north to I-64 west continues. Traffic will follow detour signage in place directing motorists to the Route 143 south on-ramp to I-64 west during the closure.
- Full closure of the I-64 Express Lanes in both directions on:
- June 4 from 8 p.m. to 4 a.m.
- June 6-10 from 8 p.m. to 3 a.m.
- Full closure of the exit ramp from I-64 west to Battlefield Boulevard south (exit 290B) on June 7 from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Full directional closure of Military Highway between the I-64 on- and off-ramps from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. on the following dates:
- Northbound: Monday, June 7
- Southbound: Thursday, June 10
- Inclement Weather Date: Friday, June 11 For the full traffic alert, click here: https://conta.cc/3ipwX8K
- Alternating, single-lane closures on I-64 in both directions between South Military Highway (exit 297) and Greenbrier Parkway (exit 289):
- June 7-10 from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- June 11 from 9 p.m. to 7 a.m.
- June 12 from 8 p.m. to 9 a.m.
- June 13 from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- The on ramp from Route 17 (George Washington Highway) south to I-64 west will be closed from June 8-9 from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
I-64, Newport News:
- The off-ramp from I-64 west to Ft. Eustis Boulevard (exit 250A) will be closed on June 6-10 from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.
Interstate 264 (I-264)
- Alternating, multi-lane closures on I-264 in both directions from Newtown Road (exit 15) to Witchduck Road (exit 16) on June 6-13 from 7 p.m. until as late as noon, including a consecutive double-lane closure on I-264 east on June 11 at 10 p.m. to June 14 at 5 a.m.
- Ongoing, consecutive right shoulder closure on I-264 east at the overpass just before Witchduck Road (exit 16)
- Single-lane closure on I-64 east at the I-264 interchange on June 6-11 from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- The off-ramp from I-264 west to Lynnhaven Parkway south (exit 19A) will be closed from midnight to 5 a.m. on June 7-10.
Other Notable Closures
- Brief traffic stoppages and single-lane closures at the intersection of Laskin Road and First Colonial Road on June 6 as early as 5 a.m. Click here for the full traffic alert: conta.cc/3paGsud
- The on-ramp from College Drive to the Western Freeway (Route 164) will be closed on June 6-10 from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m.
CATCH UP ON MORE FROM WYDAILY: