HAMPTON — One football player is returning to his old stomping grounds while also giving back to the Hampton Roads community.
Newsome is a wide receiver for University of North Carolina Tar Heels and also a current NFL draft prospect.
“At the event, Newsome will provide pizza for current members, autograph footballs, and engage members by passing around the football,” said Madison Owens, spokesperson for the nonprofit organization.
Hal Smith, president and CEO of the Boys and Girls Club of the Virginia Peninsula, is also expected to speak at the event.
The Dazz Newsome celebration with the Boy & Girls Clubs of the Virginia Peninsula ’s Citizen’s Unit is at 1815 Shell Road on Friday, April 16 from 12:30 p.m. to 2 p.m.
YOU MIGHT WANT TO CHECK OUT THESE STORIES:
- COVID-19 clutter: Trash and litter is up and cleaning efforts are down
- FEMA to reimburse families for COVID-19 funeral expenses
- Celebrate national parks (and get in for free) on Saturday
- Scholarship fund named for teacher helps future educators
- Five things you need to know: Honeybees
- Virginia puts Johnson & Johnson vaccine on hold per CDC and FDA advice
- Coventry shooting leaves one person injured