Many nonprofits in Hampton and Newport News are in need of volunteers. The list of opportunities below include teaching adults how to read and write.
- Virginia Peninsula Foodbank– organize food pantries, inspect donations, stock shelves and pack food bags.
- VersAbility Resources– help people with disabilities.
- Hampton Roads Economical Lodgings and Provisions– help serve the homeless and others in need. Currently needs medical professionals.
- Peninsula Reads– teach adults how to speak, read and write English.
- Peninsula Agency on Aging– deliver meals to seniors and drive them to medical appointments.
- Housing Development Corporation of Hampton Roads– help repair homes for low-income families.
- LINK of Hampton Roads– pick up donations, help move people into housing and teach arts and crafts.