Veterans Day is Sunday, Nov. 11 and some organizations in Hampton and Newport News are commemorating the federal holiday and the 100th anniversary of WWI from wreath laying and flag installations to history lectures and parades.
- Veterans Day Parade & Breakfast at Oliver C. Elementary School, 13460 Woodside Lane – Nov. 9 from 8:50 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- Hilton Village Victory Arch Lecture at St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church Parish Hall, 45 Main St. – Nov. 10 from 3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Flags of War exhibit at Virginia War Museum, 9285 Warwick Blvd. – Nov. 11-18 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- American Legion Veterans Day Ceremony at Victory Arch, 25th Street and West Avenue – Nov. 11 from 11 a.m. to noon.
- Veterans Day Celebration at Bon Secours Mary Immaculate Hospital, 2 Bernadine Drive – Nov. 12 from 11 a.m. to noon.