Drivers in Hampton Roads can expect closures on water crossings, interstates and notable detours for the week of Nov. 4 to Nov. 10
This list covers full closures of interstates, ramps, bridges and primary roads, and single lane closures at the bridge-tunnels and the Berkley, High Rise and James River bridges.
For information on the many other lane closures necessary for maintenance and construction throughout Hampton Roads, visit 511Virginia, download the 511 smartphone app, dial 511 or listen to Highway Advisory Radio (HAR) 1680AM.
- Single-lane closures east Nov. 4-8, 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Single-lane closures west Nov. 8, 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Single-lane closures south Nov. 5-9, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Full tunnel closure US-58 west Nov. 4, 8 p.m. to 4 a.m.
- Full ramp closures on I-64 east at the on- and off-ramps to Route 199 east, with signed detours in place, on Nov. 2, from 10 p.m. to 7 a.m.
- Full ramp closures on I-64 with signed detours in place, on Nov. 4-8, as follows:
- I-64 east and west to Route 60/Busch Gardens (exit 243A), as early as 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- I-64 east and west to Route 143 (exit 243B), as early as 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Route 60 on-ramp to I-64 east and west, as early as 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- I-64 east and west to Route 199 west (exit 242A), as early as 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- I-64 east and west to Route 199 east (exit 242B), as early as 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Route 199 east and west on-ramps to I-64 east and west, as early as 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- I-64 east and west to Yorktown Road/Jefferson Avenue (exit 247), as early as 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Jefferson Avenue (Route 143) on-ramps to I-64 east and west, as early as 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Yorktown Road (Route 238) on-ramp to I-64 east, as early as 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Single-lane closure west/east at the HRBT and Willoughby bridges;
- Nov. 4-8, 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Nov. 9, 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Nov. 10, 11 p.m. to 7 a.m.
- Single-lane closure east at the tunnel, Nov. 8, 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Nov. 3, 10 p.m. to 9 a.m.
- I-64 west off-ramp closure to Settler’s Landing Road Nov. 5-7, 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- I-64 west ramp closure to I-264 east (Exit 284B) Nov. 2 and Nov. 3, 8 p.m. to 9 a.m. Signed detour will be in place.
- I-64 west traffic will be slowed to approximately 15 mph and potentially stopped between the Greenbrier Parkway and the I-264 interchange beginning about 12:01 a.m. on Sunday, Nov. 4, for approximately 20 minutes for overhead sign work. Traffic will be restricted from entering I-64 west at Indian River Road during this operation. The operation may be repeated.
- Newtown Road south is closed under I-264 from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. weeknights through mid-November. Signed detours are in place.
- Full weekend closures of Newtown Road south at the I-264 overpass 7 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday, Nov. 9-12 and Nov. 16-19.
- The left turn onto Center Dr. from Newtown Road north closed until mid-November for utility relocation work at Newtown Road. Motorists will also be restricted from turning left out of Center Drive onto Newtown Road north. Signed detours will be in place for both movements.
- Single-lane closure south Nov. 4-7, 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- I-564 east at the Runway Tunnel, three 20-minute stoppages Nov. 5-7 between 11 p.m. and 3 a.m. each night.
- I-564 east at the Runway Tunnel dual-lane closure Nov. 5-9, 10 p.m. to 10 a.m.
- I-564 east from the Runway Tunnel to Terminal Boulevard single-lane closures Nov. 10, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- I-564 east at the Runway Tunnel dual-lane closures starting 7 p.m. Nov. 2 until 2 p.m. on Nov. 5.
- I-564 west from I-64 to Terminal Boulevard single-lane closure Nov. 5-9, 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- I-564 west at the Runway Tunnel single-lane closure Nov. 8, 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
Elizabeth River Tunnels (Downtown/Midtown tunnels): Go to Elizabeth River Tunnelsfor maintenance schedules on the Downtown Tunnel (I-264), Midtown Tunnel (U.S. 58).