The anticipated weather conditions associated with Hurricane Florence has prompted Commander, Navy Region Mid-Atlantic to authorize mission essential personnel only to report to work Friday at the following installations:
- Naval Air Station Oceana (including headquarters and Dam Neck Annex)
- Joint Expeditionary Base Little Creek-Fort Story
- Norfolk Naval Shipyard
- Naval Station Norfolk
- Naval Support Activity Hampton Roads (including headquarters, Northwest Annex, Portsmouth Annex, and Lafayette River Annex)
- Naval Weapons Station Yorktown (including headquarters and Cheatham Annex)
Navy officials encourage all personnel to monitor installation Facebook sites, and local media for updated information on weather and road conditions.
Some Navy-operated Child Development Centers and Children & Youth Center will be open for MEP only on Friday.
Select centers include:
- Naval Station Bacon Street 24/7 (for children of Naval Station Norfolk MEP only) – 757-445-8815
- Naval Support Activity Portsmouth Hospital Annex 24/7 – 757-953-7050
- Naval Air Station Oceana Child Development Center (7 a.m.-3 p.m.) (for children of NAS Oceana MEP only) – 757-433-3164
- Child Development Homes in Hampton Roads, 44 will remain open on Friday.
MEP should check with their specific care provider in advance to confirm availability and hours of operation on Friday, the Navy said.
Only personnel using the childcare facility on Friday will be charged – all other children who are not provided care will have fees waived for Friday.