HAMPTON — The city’s Clean City Commission is looking for nominations for the Clean City Awards.
Celebrating their 40th anniversary, the commission wants to recognize volunteers who have worked to improve Hampton’s physical environment, according to the city.
Sept. 8 is the deadline to nominate volunteers in the areas of:
- Beautification, urban forestry and gardening
- Environmental education (for people of all ages)
- Litter prevention and reduction
- Recycling, waste reduction and reuse
- Water quality, stormwater improvement, and coastal awareness
Nominees will be evaluated and selected by the Clean City Commission board on Sept. 11.
Winners will be asked to attend the 40th anniversary volunteer recognition event Oct. 25 at 5:30 p.m.
For information, contact Debbie Blanton at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 757-727-1199.