NORFOLK — Retail Alliance has announced the winners of its 2021 Retailer of the Year Awards.
This year’s awards consisted of thirty-five different categories with seventy-one recipients awarded. Retail Alliance chose winners on both the Southside and Peninsula for each category. According to an Oct. 18 release from the Retail Alliance, the winners were chosen through peer voting, with customer service, reputation, aesthetics, and community involvement of the businesses nominated taken into consideration.
“During the last two years, the pandemic has created challenges for all retailers,” said Retail Alliance President/CEO Ray Mattes. “We are so proud of all our retailers who have been able to overcome those challenges and hurdles and wish we could give each and every one of them a Retailer of the Year award.”
Retail Alliance awarded the 2021 Lifetime Achievement Award to Taylor’s Do It Centers, which, founded in 1927, has eleven locations throughout Hampton Roads and North Carolina.
Below is a list of the winners on the Peninsula:
- Arts/Entertainment: Peninsula Pilots
- Association: York County Chamber of Commerce
- Automotive: Dodd RV of the Peninsula
- Bakery: Nothing Bundt Cakes
- Bank/Credit Union: Old Point National Bank
- Bookstore/Comics: Jersey’s Cards & Comics
- Brewery/Winery/Distillery: The Virginia Beer Company
- Building/Garden Supplies: Ace Peninsula Hardware
- Clothing/Accessories: Yolanda’s
- Coffee Shop/Café: Sweet Tooth Café and Bakery
- Events/Catering/Rentals: All About Events and Cute Clickz (Tie)
- Financial Services: MOR Consulting Services
- Funeral: Parklawn-Wood Funeral Home
- Gift Shop/Artisan Market: The Christmas Store
- Health/Wellness/Fitness: Pure Barre Newport News/Chesapeake
- Home/Property Improvement: Atlantic Plumbing Heating & Air Conditioning
- Hospitality/Travel: The Landing at Hampton Marina, Tapestry Collection by Hilton
- Jeweler: Hauser’s Jewelers
- Media/Marketing: Moxie Design
- Medical/Dental/Vision: Williamsburg DrugCompany
- Non-Profit: NetworkPeninsula
- Personal Care/Beauty/Spa: Williamsburg Salt Spa
- Pets/Animal Supplies: Gangsta Dog
- Printing/Awards/Engraving/Signage: image360 Newport News
- Professional Services: Boxes Plus/Flag Center of Virginia
- Real Estate: gather.
- Resale/Consignment/Antique: D.A.V. Thrift Stores
- Restaurant: The Cockeyed Rooster and Indult Bakery & Bistro (Tie)
- Specialty Artist: Murawski Photography
- Specialty Food/Beverage: The Peanut Shop of Williamsburg
- Specialty Retail: Village Bicycles
- Workshops/Classes/Education: Lilac Lane
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Taylor’s Do It Center
For more information on the Retail Alliance, please visit their website.