REGIONAL — Included below is the current local data (as of Oct. 18, 2021) regarding COVID-19.
Data by Locality
|Locality||Case Count||Hospitalization Count||Death Count|
|James City County||6,911||243||93|
|City of Williamsburg||1,132||43||14|
Current Level of Transmission
|James City County||High|
|City of Williamsburg||High|
School System Data
|School System||Total Positive Cases in Isolation||Total in Quarantine||Employees Fully Vaccinated||Students (12-17) Fully Vaccinated|
|Williamsburg-James City County Public Schools (WJCC)||19||190||91%||37.4%|
|York County School Division (YCSD)||37||Not Reported||Not Reported||Not Reported|
It is important to note that a person is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving the single-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine or two weeks after the second dose of Comirnaty (formerly Pfizer-BioNTech) or Moderna vaccines.
|Locality||Received One Dose||Fully Vaccinated||Third Vaccine|
|Statewide||5,882,459 (68.9%)||5,292,282 (62%)||300,339 (N/A)|
|James City County||52,326 (68.4%)||47,184 (61.7%)||4,499 (5.9%)|
|City of Williamsburg||7,950 (53.2%)||7,145 (47.8%)||405 (2.7%)|
|York County||40,999 (60%)||37,188 (54.5%)||2,823 (4.1%)|
**This data does not reflect doses given out federally
Recent Information from WYDaily Regarding COVID-19 (As of Oct. 18, 2021)
- Sen. Warner Meets With Local Leaders to Discuss COVID-19 Vaccination Status
- Over 400 participants Sign Up For WJCC COVID-19 Screening
- School System COVID-19 Guidelines For Student Athletes
- JCSA Announces Deadline for COVID-19 Grants
- To learn more or to schedule an appointment to receive a COVID-19 vaccine, contact your healthcare provider or visit the website for Vaccinate Virginia.
- For more information regarding current vaccinations for COVID-19, visit the website for the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- To find the latest data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), click here.
- To see the current COVID-19 map courtesy of Johns Hopkins University & Medicine, click here.