YORK COUNTY — The York County School Division (YCSD) will hold its monthly meeting on Monday, Sept. 27 at 7 p.m. at York Hall, 301 Main Street.
The meeting is opened to the public to attend in person. Masks and social distancing are encouraged.
The meeting is also available to be watched live either online or on YCSD-TV (Cox Cable channel 47 and Verizon channel 39).
The agenda can be found on the YCSD website.
The main topic up for discussion will be the laws passed by the Virginia General Assembly in 2020 that require school boards to adopt policies that comply with the following criteria:
- Be in compliance with applicable nondiscrimination laws
- Maintain a safe and supportive learning environment free from harassment for all students
- Prevention of and response to bullying and harassment
- Maintenance of student records
- Identification of students
- Protection of student privacy and the confidentiality of sensitive information
- Enforcement of sex-based dress codes
- Student participation in sex-specific school activities, events, and use of school facilities.