YORK COUNTY — The York County Board of Supervisors (BOS) is looking for civic-minded residents within their county to fill out various boards and commissions.
Approximately 200 citizens are appointed to various boards, committees and commissions to assist in governing the county.
Those interested in applying should fill out an application on the Board Bank website or call the York County Administration Office at (757) 890-3320. Board Bank applications are kept on file for one year after it is submitted. If a vacancy occurs, the application will be submitted to the BOS for review and possible appointment.
The Commissions and Boards that have vacancies include:
- Arts Commission – York County
- This commission administers the York County Arts Commission Grant Program and reviews funding requests from cultural arts organizations and makes recommendations to the BOS in order to make recommendations to the Board of Supervisors concerning the distribution of budget appropriations for the arts.
- Arts Commission – Williamsburg
- One York County representative serves as a liaison for York County to coordinate arts funding between York County and Williamsburg.
- Board of Building Code Appeals
- Responsible for hearing and ruling on appeals from the decision of the Building Official. Must have licensed experience as engineer, architect, plumber, electrician, builder, or fire protection specialist.
- Colonial Behavioral Health
- A Community Services Board that facilitates opportunities for recovery, resiliency and wellness to individuals and families affected by mental illness, developmental disabilities and substance use disorders.