REGIONAL — Included below is the current local data (as of Sept. 13, 2021) regarding COVID-19.
Data by Locality
|Locality||Case Count||Hospitalization Count||Death Count|
|James City County||5,997||218||82|
|City of Williamsburg||982||38||14|
*Data courtesy of Virginia Department of Health (VDH) as of Sept. 13, 2021
Current Level of Transmission
|James City County||High|
|City of Williamsburg||High|
*Data courtesy of VDH as of Sept. 13, 2021. For more detailed information, click here.
School System Data
|School System||Total Positive Cases||Total in Quarantine||Employees Fully Vaccinated||Students (12-17) Fully Vaccinated|
|Williamsburg-James City County Public Schools (WJCC)||39||300||86%||29.9%|
|York County School Division (YCSD)||50||Not Reported||Not Reported||Not Reported|
*Data courtesy of WJCC and YCSD. To view the data in detail, clink the links provided in this table.
It is important to note that a person is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving the single-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine or two weeks after the second dose of Comirnaty (formerly Pfizer-BioNTech) or Moderna vaccines.
|Locality||Received One Dose||Fully Vaccinated|
|Statewide||5,581,444 (65.4%)||4,946,793 (58%)|
|James City County||50,796 (66.4%)||45,238 (59.1%)|
|City of Williamsburg||7,726 (51.6%)||6,863 (45.9%)|
|York County||39,571 (58%)||35,397 (51.8%)|
*Data as of Sept. 13, 2021. Courtesy of Virginia Department of Health (VDH)
**This data does not reflect doses given out federally
Recent Information from WYDaily Regarding COVID-19 (As of Sept. 13, 2021)
- William & Mary Tightens Up COVID-19 Safety Measures
- W&M Men’s Soccer Opener at ODU Postponed due to COVID-19
- Annual Kiwanis Club Shrimp Feast Postponed Due to Pandemic
- Anti-Parasite Medication Not to Be Used to Prevent COVID-19
- Department of Defense Mandates Vaccine for All Service Members
- Virginia Department of Health to Add Vaccination Status to COVID-19 Dashboard
- To learn more or to schedule an appointment to receive a COVID-19 vaccine, contact your healthcare provider or visit the website for Vaccinate Virginia.
- For more information regarding current vaccinations for COVID-19, visit the website for the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- To find the latest data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), click here.
- To see the current COVID-19 map courtesy of Johns Hopkins University & Medicine, click here.