WILLIAMSBURG — The City of Williamsburg will hold its monthly city council meeting on Thursday, Sept. 9 at 2 p.m. at the Stryker Center, 412 N. Boundary Street. Here are some highlights from the agenda.
- Consideration and approval of a Negotiated Cable Franchise Agreement with Shenandoah Cable Television LLC. If approved, Cox Communications would no longer be the only broadband provider in the City of Williamsburg. Click here for the Agenda Item Summary.
- Consideration and approval of Resolution 21-18 approving the acceptance of the Coronavirus State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds (SLFRF) allocated as part of the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) and establishing the APRA Fund as a new fund in the City’s Budget.
- Consideration and approval of Resolution 21-19 Establishing a Residential and Small Business Real Estate Tax Relief Program and Amending the American Rescue Plan Fund for Fiscal Year Ending June 30, 2022.
- Consideration and approval of Resolution #21-20 Amending the FY 2022 Budgeted Staffing List to add a part-time position in the Williamsburg Public Housing Authority. Agenda Item Summary
- Consideration and approval of Ordinance #21-12 An Ordinance to Add Permissible Solicitation Times to Section 9-298 of the Williamsburg City Code Agenda Item Summary
- Consideration and approval of Ordinance #21-11 An Ordinance to ban the use of Expanded Polystyrene Food Service Containers. Agenda Item Summary
For the full agenda for this meeting, as well as agendas and minutes for past city council meetings, check out the City of Williamsburg website.