WILLIAMSBURG — Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW) has officially announced the line up for its 2021 Howl-O-Scream event.
On Friday, Sept. 10, the annual spooky celebration will kick off, turning the beloved theme park into a destination for thrills and chills.
BGW will have family-friendly fall additions during the day as part of its The Count’s Spooktacular, which will include trick or treating locations throughout the park. The Count’s Spooktacular is expected to take place Saturdays and Sundays from Sept. 25-Oct. 31 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
2021 Howl-O-Scream Haunted Houses:
- With of the Woods: New for the 2021 season, this haunted house tells the legend of a
witch that lived in the woods, wreaked havoc upon a nearby village, leaving not a person alive.
- KILLarney Diner: Also new for 2021, the story goes that something landed in the woods behind a diner. Guests are left asking if they can make it through their meal without being added to the menu the next day.
- Nevermore: A third new haunted house for 2021, this haunted house focuses on an “unearthly plague” that “ravages the land.” Inspired by Edgar Allan Poe, this follows the gothic nightmare of Prospero of the House of Usher.
- Circo Sinistro: Returning for the 2021 season, this fan-favorite haunted house takes guests through the carnival tents of an absurd — and deadly — circus.
- Dystopia: Also returning for 2021, this haunted house is for those who seek utopia and banning together for survival, using the last remnants of power and technology.
2021 Howl-O-Scream “Terror”-tories (Scare Zones)
- Hexed Hollow (Rhinefeld Village): New for 2021, the German-themed village will transform into a place that is cursed by ancient magic. As it flows freely through the village, guests will experience the darkness that befell the village.
- Meat Market (New France Village): Also new for 2021, the village will turn into a spot where guests will witness devious delicatessens with many offerings — including human hors d’oeuvres.
- Ripper Row (England Village): A fan-favorite returning for 2021, wander the streets of Whitechapel where murder, mayhem and other terrors lurk in the alleyways inspired by the infamous crimes of Jack the Ripper.
- Garden of Souls (Italy Gardens): Also returning for 2021, the beautiful gardens will transform into a place where dark secrets are buried in graves and spirits wander freely.
2021 Howl-O-Scream Sinister Shows
- Phanton of the Festhaus: New for 2021, this show is a singing contest where the ghouls of Howl-O-Scream sing spooky hits and the winner is voted upon.
- Skeletones: Also new for 2021, musicians and singers perform at Il Teatro de San Marco in a spooky musical sensation.
- Jack is Back: Fan-favorite returning for 2021, this popular disco-themed show is a dance celebration in the Ireland village to include Howl-O-Scream’s leading character, Jack.
- Monster Stomp on Ripper Row: Returning to the Globe Theater, Jack the Ripper joins in on a rock and rhythm show spectacular that is sure to have your feet tapping to the beat. *Note: Monster Stomp on Ripper Row will open on Oct. 1.
2021 Howl-O-Scream Party Zones
- France: Time to party with the bourgeoises like it is 1793.
- Festa Italia: The village transforms into a circus with creepy clowns and a Ringmasterleading the carnival.
Other Experiences of Howl-O-Scream 2021
- BOOze Bars: Spooky-themed bars will be set up with an interactive experience that will include guests being able to activate scares at the push of a button!
- Roaming Hack Pack: Fear is around every corner with the unexpected appearances of the Roaming Hack Pack, chasing after guests with their chainsaws.
A Note of Warning
Howl-O-Scream is an intense, spooky experience designed for adults and not recommended for children.. Parental discretion is advised from 6 p.m. until closing.
For more information, visit BGW’s website. Click below for a teaser of the new haunted house, Witch of the Woods!