HISTORIC TRIANGLE — Welcome to our new weekly column where we will provide a round up of events happening this weekend in and around the Historic Triangle! Below, you will find a handful of the many events happening.
If you have an event coming up or know of one that may interest your neighbors, please send us an email at Info@WYDaily.com and tell us all about it!
Are you looking for a camp this summer? Check out WYDaily’s free Summer Camp Expo 2021 to find the perfect summer experience!
Friday, May 21
- Fossil Finds, Fossil Beach, 10 a.m.-2 p.m.: What relic from the pre-historic past did you find at Fossil Beach? Our friendly park ranger will help you identify your fossil and show a few others that have been found by keen-eyed visitors. You may discover a nearby osprey as well. York River State Park, 9801 York River Park Rd, Williamsburg, VA 23188, USA
- Good Shot Judy Benefit Concert, Jamestown 4-H Educational Center, 5 p.m. – 10 p.m.: *Featured in WYDaily!* Join the Jamestown 4-H Educational Center for an evening of music, food and drinks. Bring a lawn chair and enjoy the sounds of the James River while listening swingin’ to the sounds of Sinatra, Basie, and contemporary jazz musicians. Enjoy culinary delights from NOSH Bistro and rinks from the Virginia Beer Company. Tickets are $44.65 and can be purchased by clicking here. *Beer and food are not included in the ticket price.
Saturday, May 22
Williamsburg Farmer’s Market, 401 Francis St W, 8 a.m.-12 p.m.: Visit the Williamsburg Farmers Market in our new location in the Francis Street parking lot, 401 W. Francis Street! This Virginia producer-only market offers a variety of local products, including fresh seasonal produce, a variety of meats and seafood, herbs, potted plants, baked goods, confections, honey, cheese, coffee, peanuts, cut flowers, handmade soaps, and more. Enjoy live music and demonstrations, participate as a family in the Power of Produce (POP) Club, and learn while you shop! Saturdays April 3 through December 18 8:00 am -12:00 pm. The Market accepts cash, credit cards, SNAP, and W&M Express. See website for music, entertainment and vendor information. Free parking available. Live music performed by LCV Project from 9:00 am – 11:00 am.
Yorktown Cars and Coffee, Hampton Roads Harley Davidson, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.: This outdoor event encourages guests to bring their cool cars and hang out! It is open to all vehicles, and is pet- and kid-friendly! Guests can come to 6450 George Washington Memorial Hwy., Yorktown during these hours for this fun and free event.
- Gloucester 1776: A Revolutionary Experience, Gloucester Museum of History, 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.: *Featured in WYDaily!* Experience the American Revolution during this living history experience. This SOL- and family-friendly event will include cannon and musket firing demonstrations, campfire cooking, colonial-era games, and many more activities. For more information, visit the museum’s website!
- Muddy Marley’s Grand Opening Celebration, 5251 John Tyler Hwy. #9 (Williamsburg), 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.: *Featured in WYDaily* Come out and celebrate the Grand Opening of Muddy Marley’s! There will be food, games and lots of prizes! Come check out this great, veteran-owned dog wash for pups of all sizes! For more information, visit its Facebook page!
Sunday, May 23
- The Golden Age of Yorktown Walking Tour, Mobjack Bay Coffee Roasters, LLC, 1 p.m. – 2 p.m.: From the early 1700’s through the middle 1700’s Yorktown was “Golden”. Yorktown grew to a thriving town of 2000 inhabitants. Tobacco was king! The port was bustling with ships going in and out of Yorktown to the Mother Country in England. As we stroll down Main Street, guests will learn about what life was like during this period of Yorktown’s history. Tour Begins at Mobjack Bay Coffee Roasters & Petite Café. Must be able to walk at a leisurely pace for an hour with stops along the way. Children 10 and under FREE, must be accompanied by parent. Masks required when standing closer than 6 feet to another guest and inside Mobjack Bay Coffee Roasters, LLC. Tickets can be purchased by clicking here.
We want to hear from you! Let us know about your upcoming event by sending us an email at Info@WYDaily.com! We ask that you provide a synopsis of the event, an image that you might want to use in association with your event, and be sure to include the date(s), time(s), contact information and any cost for attendance. We look forward to hearing from you!
To find more great events, visit WYDaily’s events calendar by clicking here!