WILLIAMSBURG — Williamsburg Regional Library (WRL) announced on Tuesday, April 27 that it will be expanding its hours.
Since July 2020, WRL has been operating on an amended schedule. However, the library system will resume a seven-day schedule beginning on Sunday, May 2.
“We’re very excited to be taking this step towards normalcy and expanding the library’s accessibility,” said Betsy Fowler, WRL’s library director.
WRL made the decision to expand its hours after examining the library system’s usage patterns, which were noted to be heavier in the early part of the day. The new times are meant to meet the needs of WRL’s users.
The library’s new hours will be:
- Monday-Thursday: 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Sunday: 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
In addition to the new hours, WRL has a new phone system. The general phone number will be: (757) 741-3300.
- Circulation: Option 1
- Adult Services: Option 2
- Program Services: Option 3
- Youth Services: Option 4
CATCH UP ON MORE STORIES FROM WYDAILY:
- Woman killed following single-vehicle crash in York County
- Fire alarms set off at area school
- Virginia Run For The Fallen starts this weekend
- W&M campus structures named for trailblazing alumni